Friday, August 1, 2008

Lord, hear my prayer.

Philippians 1:
9 And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

27Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.



Almighty God, I know that I am a poor and miserable sinner. I have not conducted myself in a manner worthy of your Son, Jesus Christ, but have been selfish and proud and quick to judge. Though I desire to please and serve you through the knowledge and discernment you have given me, I confess that my nature seeks my own honor and takes pleasure in receiving the praise of others. I am truly sorry for my sin, and trusting in my Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray: Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. Please give me a humble and penitent heart, that I will not boast in myself or whatever good may be accomplished through me. Let me gratefully acknowledge that all my talents and possessions are undeserved gifts from your gracious hand. O Lord, I pray that you will grant to me a gentle and humble spirit, especially in my relationships with those whose approach to your gospel differs from mine, that I may place my confidence not in my own merit or ability but always and only in you. For the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ, have mercy on me and forgive me, that I may delight in your will and walk in your ways, to the glory of your Name. Amen.

No comments: